Sunday, February 26, 2012

its all about the people

The most important part of Cutting Borders are the poeple involved:


1. First and foremost, my oh-so-lovable students.  Without even meeting you ... you were my inspiration.  And after meeting you ... you are my heros.


2. Of course, my friends/family/community at home who have rallied together in order to make the project prep. and transportation possible.  We did it together.  Once again ... we did it together.


3. The Mariposas Amarillas Foundation here in Colombia for connecting me with a community in need.  This most definitely includes both of my translators who, together, have transformed a connection.  Seriously, without you two the project would have flopped.  Karla and Esperanza - You are two precious pillars of support.  You literally are my voice.  Thank you.


4. The most recent member of the Cutting Borders team is travelling photographer, Joel Duncan, who spent a day with the project last week and was inspired enough to stay in Santa Marta longer than anticipated to return again with his friend and cinematographer, Troy Floyd, tomorrow. I can't wait to experience more of Joel's eye as well as see the edited version of what Troy is about to capture.  Stay tuned for that one!


In the meantime, please click on the following link in order to enjoy Joel's beautiful gallery of images.  They will bring you closer to the experience in a way that I am unable to share with words or my own photos.  Amazing, Joel.  Thank you so very very much.  xx.



  

1 comment:

  1. Amy, you have a great project going. I will do my best to make sure that others know how you are making a big difference in the lives of women who don't even know their own potential. I look forward to seeing your students again - they truly are remarkable people.

    ReplyDelete