Friday, February 10, 2012

chumbawamba

I couldn't help but have the lingering lyrics of chumbawamba's "I get knocked down, but I get up again" song looping through my head today... (sorry for me and now sorry for you because I know if you just read that, the curse is passed on).  muaahh haa haahh


After two days, I am now well enough to get back out to my girls for belated classes.  I had a fantastic lesson planned and a bag of goodies to bring to them for a collage project as homework.  I'm thinking ... "back on track - today is going to be fun and productive!"


Checkout these scissors I found for today... I was so excited to find scissors with butterflies as handles since the foundation's symbol and name is "yellow butterfly". Too perfect, right? 
Carla and I take the hot taxi ride out to the barrio and making our way to the house we are using for the classes ... we discover the doors and windows are locked up and no one is around at all.  All equipment and class supplies (apart from the new items I had purchased this morning and were in my hands) are inside that house and we can not get to them!  Regardless, no one showed up for class anyway so I guess it didn't matter. 


Like a punch to a recovering gut ... I felt useless and deflated.  OMG - this is flopping!  Nooooo!




And then - as the adaptable individual I am learning to be ... Carla suggests we go join the young kids class because today is sports day and they are just playing around the field down the street.  And so, as in the second part of Chumbawamba's lyrical chorus ... "I get up again."

Although my preference is to not lose any more precious time than we already have for Cutting Borders, I have to say that watching the young group and feeling their energy, love, excitement, giggles, curiosity and even their rebellion was awesome.  What a great pick-me-up. 
I'd love to know how they can run around for two hours in the baking sun and heavy humidity here.  But then again, it is like this all year around - only deviating about 5 or 6 degrees throughout the year.  Basically, this means it's freakin' hot all the time.
So - week one only ended up being two days of class for us; however, I continue to learn and grow and can only hope that the people I am fortunate enough to share time with are doing the same.


Here's to hoping that week two for CB is jam packed with both energetic people AND shared knowledge and skills


Have a great weekend everyone.  xo




2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you were sick but glad you are feeling better. You probably need a good hug right now so here it is. HUG HUG HUG AND THEN MORE ... Stay well and it will all come together.

    I know you my friend and it will. As my Mom used to say "Keep your pecker" (chin) ... you are feeling better not arent.

    lots of love
    Delma XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, that should read you are feeling better aren't you. ooops ... can't type.

    ReplyDelete